Last modified April 2, 2021
This policy is intended to help you understand what information The Aurora Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (AACVB) collects, when and how we collect it, and how we use or share your information.
What Information Do We Collect?
You may be asked to provide personal information anytime you interact with us. The types of information we collect depends on how you use our services. Not all the following types of information will apply to everyone. The following types of information may be collected by or on behalf of AACVB:
- Contact details. Your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
- Demographic data. Your age, ethnicity, gender, and household income.
- Data on how you use our website. Your IP address, which files and settings are accessed, and aggregate data on new and returning website visitors.
- Children’s data. Our website is directed to and intended for use only by those who are 13 years of age or over. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from any person under 13 years of age. If AACVB is informed that it is improperly in possession of such information, it will be deleted.
- Geographic location. Use of our website on your phone.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
- We collect information from you. We may collect and receive information from you, including when you use or access our website, such as when you sign up for our visitors guide or eâ€‘newsletter; and/or communicate with us by email, telephone, surveys, in writing, or social media;
- We collect information automatically when you access our website. Like many websites, we may receive information generated by your activity and information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device when you use or interact with our website.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We collect and use your information so that we can operate effectively and provide you with the best experience. We also use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing services. Services may include providing you the visitor’s guide or the e-newsletter if you elect to sign up for either or both, or providing other services you may request.
- Marketing. Sending emails or other communications about your request regarding news and new services and providing you with relevant advertising.
- Customer support. Notifying you of any changes to our services; responding to your inquiries via email, phone, writing, or social media; investigate and address concerns raised by you; and monitor and improve our customer support responses.
- Improving our services. Conducting data analysis and audits; enhancing our website; improving our services; identifying usage trends and visiting patterns; conducting customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys; and determining the effectiveness of our promotions.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. Investigating or addressing claims or disputes relating to your use of our services; or as otherwise allowed by applicable law; or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties. We may share the information we collect with third-party vendors (1) to help us provide and improve our services and the website; (2) to provide you with relevant content (including advertisements); and (3) for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute, such as complying with a court order, subpoena, or other legal process, complying with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- the purposes for which that personal information was provided;
- an identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping;
- a specific legal or regulatory requirement; and/or
- a requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings.
Where Do We Store Your Information?
We process and store personal information inside the United States.
How Secure Is Your Information?
We implement reasonable administrative, organizational, and technical safeguards, and security measures to protect personal information within our control from unauthorized access, acquisition, disclosure, destruction or alteration, accidental loss, misuse, or damage. We regularly review and monitor such safeguards and security measures. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard personal information, no practices are 100% secure, and we do not guarantee the security of your information. Information stored in our database can only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems and who are required to keep the information confidential.
We offer the use of a secure server with SSL encryption on our website’s domain. Consumer information stored in our database is only accessible by authorized users.
We use session and persistent cookies to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We have third parties collect personal information through these cookies, including tracking cookies for advertising purposes. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them by clicking here[BL1] .
You can make the following choices about your personal information.
- Not provide us with personal information. If you choose to do this, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any queries you may have.
How Will We Notify You of Changes to This Policy?
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes on our website or through other means, such as email.
Other Important Information
Contact Us. Questions, comments, and complaints about AACVB’s data practices can be sent to our office by sending an email to email@example.com or writing us at:
Aurora Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
43 W. Galena Blvd.
Aurora, IL 60506-4129