TOP 10 THINGS TO DO and #EnjoyAurora this weekend, 9/23-9/25!
Posted on 09/22/2016 by James Cardis
1. Wurst Kitchen presents the 12th Annual PLANO OKTOBERFEST! All weekend, rain or shine under the big tent on Main Street in Downtown Plano. Featuring authentic German bands, a beer wagon with German beers and wine, traditional German food, chicken dance contests, and the annual Saturday Night Miss Oktoberfest contest!
2. An Afternoon of Music at the Farnsworth House this Sunday 9/25 is an opportunity to hear popular songs played by talented local musicians while seated amid the natural beauty of the Farnsworth House. Tickets available, check the event page linked above for details.
3. Doug Church - Voice of Elvis is this Saturday night, 9/24. Enjoy this nostalgic performance in the beautiful, historic Sandwich Opera House.
4. Fans of historic American architecture will enjoy the 9th annual Batavia House Walk presented by Batavia MainStreet this Sunday 9/25 from 11am-4pm. Other points of interest in the area, including Gammon Corner,Beardsgaard Barbers, United Methodist Church of Batavia, and the Batavia Depot Museum will also be open for business and tours. An after-hours event is scheduled from 3-5pm at Water Street Studios.
5. Give your kids a taste of outdoor recreation this weekend with Northern Illinois Hunting and Fishing Days 2016 at Silver Springs State Park in Yorkville! Fun, family-friendly activities include a kids fishing tournament, archery, trap-shooting, falconry, professional goose-calling, hunting dog demonstrations, and much more. All ages are welcome and admission is free!
6. You have a choice of two excellent, free concerts Friday night. Hailing from Colorado, Canyon Collected bring their unique brand of folk and bluegrass to Two Brothers Roundhouse supported by accomplished local ramblers River Valley Rangers for Canyon Collected w/ River Valley Rangers at Two Bros. Roundhouse. Also on Friday night at The Law Office Pub & Music Hall catch Brent Brown & Anthony Perry. Brown is an accomplished local producer with seven albums of soulful pop under his belt and is sure to turn heads with his confident pop arrangements.
7. Get in the spirit for Fall Family Fun this weekend at Abbey FarmsPumpkin Daze in Aurora and Lyon Farm's Fall Festival Weekend in Yorkville, Sat/Sun 10am-4pm! These are great opportunities to get out and enjoy the weather and get the kids involved in fun farm activities.
8. Make it an Aurora Downtown Saturday with the Aurora's Farmers Market, Civil War Days at Grand Army of the Republic Memorial Hall, Aurora, IL--- Soldier Sculpture, and Super SciTech Saturdays at SciTech Hands On Museum - this month's theme is SPACED OUT and features hands-on learning opportunities for STEAM creations blending science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics.
9. Mamma Mia! continues its run at the Paramount Theatre! Come see the show that the The Chicago Sun-Times calls "ABBA-licious!" and "Highly Recommended" this weekend and enjoy delicious pre- or post-show eat & drink at new downtown Aurora hot-spot Leland Legends Pub & Grill
10. Think you can lift? Check out the UPA Illinois State Powerlifting Championship this Saturday, 9/25 at Jakked Gym in Montgomery to see some of the state's strongest powerlifters raise plates in squats, deadlifts, and bench press competitions. There will be vendors and an on-site BBQ -- spectators admitted free!
Looking for more Things To Do in the Aurora Area? Our latest events are updated daily.